1) Begin by buttering a 12 x 18 inch microwave safe dish. The pecans will burn if you use a bowl and a shallow dish is critical.
2) Mix brown sugar with orange juice and pecan halves.
3) Put mix in dish and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes (depending on how strong your microwave is) and stir every 2 minutes! (Because my microwave is so strong, I set my microwave for 5 minutes 30 seconds and I stir every minute and half to two minutes). If you know your microwave is strong, I would stick with 5 minutes. If you’re unsure, still stick with 5 minutes on your first batch. The sugar needs to boil but there is a fine line between boiling and burning the pecans, which is why it’s necessary to stir and watch carefully.
4) Immediately pour pecans onto buttered tin foil and spread evenly. Pecans will slowly begin to crystallize.
5) Allow to completely cool (about 2 hours). Store in air tight bags or containers.